Sunday, May 15, 2011

We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore! (sonnet)

I heard the anger coming through the phone,
I saw the tears start welling in her eyes.
For once she wasn't facing him alone,
With wisdom past her years, she was so wise.
"I have nothing to say to you," then click,
And that was that, she'd simply had enough.
And with some attitude, no less, and lip,
She'd put him in his place for saying "stuff."
I've wondered if my kids could face the world,
With all the garbage that he's put us through.
I proudly thought, "my gosh, now that's my girl."
And in that moment, somehow I just knew:
We've heard his lines too many times before,
And we're not gonna take it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!