Saturday, August 10, 2013

Father, Please Help Me Believe (poem)

I've been to so many dark places
That I think I've forgotten the light
I've done so many wrong things
That I think I've forgotten the right.
Have I gone too far for Your forgiveness?
I'm too ashamed to show my face.
I don't even know what this place is,
But I sort of remember Your grace.
Lord, I don't deserve your mercy,
And I don't deserve your love.
I don't deserve forgiveness
From below or above.
My heart is broken and empty
I'm a shell of what I was.
I come before you so unworthy,
Begging please, show me your love.
Cause I can't see forward,
And I can't go back,
And I don't even know what direction
I should take.
Cause I feel so completely worthless,
But I know that you promised not to leave,
So I'm kneeling here before you,
Begging "Father, Please Help me Believe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!