Monday, April 20, 2009

Wings of Prayer (poem)

Lord, I give you my burdens.
Carry them far from me
On wings of prayer.
You are a mighty God,
Far stronger than I,
And this is more than I can bear.

Yet I will praise you;
I will continue to trust
That you have a purpose and a plan.
Even in the midst of agony,
My soul will find rest
In the palm of your hand.

Teach me to wait for you patiently,
To trust you completely,
To share you unashamedly,
And to serve you wholeheartedly.
Even in my darkest hour,
May the light of your presence
Shine in my eyes.

Give me a smile
When all I can find are tears.
Give me a song
When all I can feel are fears.
Give me a heart filled with love
When I want to hate.

Pull out by the root
Any stubborn bitterness
Lurking in my soul.
Lord, heal me,
Cleanse me,
Renew me,
And make me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!