Saturday, February 20, 2010

No One's There to Hear (sonnet)

I tried to scream, but no one heard a thing
Because I couldn’t make a single sound.
Sometimes the stifled roars of rage still ring
Inside my ears, when nobody’s around.
The tears won’t fall, although I beg them to.
There are no words to capture what I feel.
I wish someone could tell me what to do
With all the things my memories reveal.
Is it okay for me to let this out,
Or should I hide inside like yesterday?
I want to hate, I want to scream and shout,
But no one’s there to hear me anyway.
I guess I’ll cope the only way I know,
And pray the pain within me doesn’t show.



-----------------------------------------------

Artwork used by permission of the talented artist
April Mansilla. View and purchase her artwork HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!