Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yes Sir, Yes Ma'am (sonnet)

Yes Sir, Yes Ma’am, I promise that I won’t
Betray the way that you’ve betrayed my trust.
Although I’ve tried to understand, I don’t,
But I will still survive, do what I must.
Within the maze of questions I can’t face,
I’ll wander ‘til I find a way to cope.
I’ll hide away within a quiet place,
Abandon all my dreams, and give up hope.
There is no rationale behind this ache,
No reason I can find for this to be.
Why would you steal what wasn’t yours to take,
And leave behind this empty shell of me?
Perhaps in time, I’ll make some sense of this,
‘Til then I’ll just pretend nothing’s amiss.
-----------------------------------------------
Artwork used by permission of the talented artist
April Mansilla. View and purchase her artwork HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!