Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Traveled Among You (sonnet)

I traveled among you for thirty years --
We shared stories, we shared wine, we shared bread.
You saw my joy and you witnessed my tears.
You knew I had no place to rest my head.
I never had a home to call my own.
My family preferred to think me dead.
Ignored by most, I often felt alone.
You listened, but rarely heard what I said.
At times my mission seemed quite clear to me,
While at others I doubted who I was.
The crowds clamored for miracles to see --
They asked, "How does he do what he does?"
So many blessings for you to receive;
Yet you had to see the scars to believe.

1 comment:

  1. this sonnet refers to the disbelief of Jesus' disciples and to people of today as well. All too often, we need "proof" to believe what is right in front of us -- the sovereignty of Almighty God.

    ReplyDelete

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!