Friday, May 3, 2013

Tired of Saying Good-Bye (poem)

I'm sick and tired of saying good-bye
I'm sick and tired of telling these tired eyes not to cry
I'm sick and tired of hearing sad love songs
That say exactly how I feel
Won't you tell me that love is for real?
Can't you tell me that there's a silver lining somewhere --
That these clouds aren't all filled up with rain
That there's an end to this pain
That there's a reason I'm even here?
Because right now it's not so clear . . .
I can't even be a decent mother
I'm too weak.
Is it so wrong
To not be strong
All the time?
When will I be strong again?
When will I be able to take on the world,
Be that independent girl
I used to be?
I miss being me.
Whoever the hell that was . . .
I used to have life by the horns,
Tackle every bush despite the thorns,
And make mountains disappear.
Lately all I have are tears for friends
No beginnings, only ends . . .
Can't someone please tell me
When the happy ending begins?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!