Friday, June 18, 2010

A Piece of Work (Acrostic Sonnet)

You bait and switch and try to make believe
Our past is somehow still controlling me.
Until it's clear what you did made me leave, 

All of your childish games fool nobody. 
Run off to court, tell all the lies you want.
Each time you speak, it's clearer you're insane.  

Are you so sick you BUY the crap you flaunt? 

Perchance the tons of beer have fried your brain.
I will not stop protecting my kids now.
Each time you hurt them, you are hurting me.
Consider yourself lucky that somehow
Eternal Father still has yet to see. 

Or has He seen and chosen not to act?
For if that's true, than justice is a myth.  

What you have done will haunt you, that's a fact.
One day your sins are something He'll deal with.
Remember I am stronger than you think.
Keep lying to the world; go have a drink.

1 comment:

  1. In case you couldn't figure it out, this poem is directed at the father of my children . . . who has proven once again that he is incapable of thinking of anyone but himself.

    ReplyDelete

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!