Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Think Again (Acrostic Sonnet)

How can you say that you can understand
And how could you believe you know my pain?
Voice lacking thought, your words like vomit ran,
Entered my shell, I really can't explain.

You seem to think that somehow you know me,
Or feel the things I've felt, or that you know.
Until you've lived my life, you cannot see

What things are hidden that I never show.
Are you so blinded by your own belief,
Left bitter by the wounds within your heart,
Kept fettered by your own remorse and grief,
Each thing I say, you twist and tear apart?
Do you realize the way the things you say

Insult me so and minimize my pain?
Next time you try to wish my past away

Make sure you stop and think, then think again.
You cannot really know what I've been through,

So don't pretend you're just the same as me.
How can you think that I'd confide in you,
Or trust you when yourself is all you see?
Each time you judge me, if you really care,
Step back and ask yourself, "Have I been there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!