Monday, April 18, 2011

I Pray Someday the Truth Will Be Known (sonnet)

It is the waiting that is killing me,
The not knowing when and how this will end.
I cannot deal with the uncertainty,
With the lies from those who call themselves "friend."
Personal attacks come from ev'ry side,
Mud slinging, bringing up the ancient past.
If I were to show the mem'ries inside,
There'd be enough ammunition to last
For weeks on end. After all that he's done,
I still can't believe they all think he's right.
He's hoodwinked them, each and every one,
And turned this into a big bloody fight.
I pray someday that the truth will be known,
The things he's said and done he'll someday own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!