Thursday, April 16, 2015

Never Be the Same (poem)

From the moment that we met, I ceased to live.
I lost myself somewhere in who you were.
I gave you all of me that I could give,
But who or what did I become? I'm still not sure.
I did EVERYTHING that you told me to do.
If you told me to go, that's where I went.
My feelings didn't matter, and I knew
That if I even I even slightly disobeyed you,
You’d rain down bloody hell
Until not a single soul could tell what was left of me.
That’s what you had always so proudly said --
That no one would even recognize me once I was dead.

So, I learned that early on -- that there was no escape.
That black was orange, your sky was green,
And “come with me,” just meant more rape.
Your brutal acts convinced me hope was dead.
I gave up even feeling; my soul died.
Each time you’d drag me off to another bed,
I’d find a spot inside my head and hide.

I was little more than a child when you came.
I know that I will NEVER be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!