Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank the Lord

May I be forgiven for paraphrasing the above section of scripture to offer my thanks to those precious friends and family members who have bailed me out of a financial "hole" yet again:

How I thank the LORD again for your hugs, prayers, and financial support. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't always have the opportunity or the wherewithal to help me.  Sometimes I didn't ask for help.  Not that I have ever been in REAL need (as in starving to death), for I am learning to be content with whatever the LORD provides for me.  I know how to live on next to nothing.  I think I know what it would be like to be blessed with everything. Although I can't say I've personally experienced financial wealth, I do know what it feels like to be loved unconditionally and consider that to be of far greater value.  I am learning that the secret to surviving in any situation, whether with or without assistance, is to always rely on the LORD for my strength.  For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.  Even so, I am deeply grateful for the financial support, hugs, and prayers that you have shared with me in my present difficulties.  As you may or may not know, some of you are the only ones who have consistently supported me through all of this.  You stood by me when nobody else did.  You have come to my rescue more than once.  I'm not just saying this because I hope you'll help me again in the future if I need it.  Rather, my prayer is that the LORD will richly reward you for what you have already done to help me.  At the present time, I have what I need -- and a bit more (which I have stashed away for the next emergency).  The gifts of kindness that you sent, whether in person, through the mail, or electronically could not have come at a more opportune time.  And this same God who has used you to help take care of me will surely supply all of YOUR needs according to His abundant resources, which we have been made heirs to because of Jesus Christ.


God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!