Friday, February 17, 2012

How Do I Hate Him? (sonnet)

(yes this is after the style of Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnet)

How do I hate him? Let me count the ways.
I hate him for making me change my plans.
I hate him for all his rude demands.
I hate him for ruining the best of days.
By day the mem'ries, the nightmares at dark
Flow through my being like river to sea.
I hate him for putting this fear in me.
I hate him for breaking my only heart.
I hate him, truly, as time goes on by,
I can find no reason to forgive him.
He tortured me at his every whim,
Without needing a single reason why.
I hate him for making my future grim.
I hate him for making my spirit cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment or ask a question ANONYMOUSLY if you don't feel comfortable revealing your identity!